Please know your privacy is important to us. We seek to protect your personal information and your right to privacy and to comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. We make no representation that this Site is governed by the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Individuals who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge that this Site is subject to U.S. laws and regulations and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
Information We Collect Automatically
Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
Date and time you access our site; and,
Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our Site.
We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for Site security or law enforcement purposes.
We will not obtain Personally-identifying Information (“PII”) about you when you visit our Website, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with PII) when you use our online forms:
We will collect and may retain any PII, such as your name, street address, email address, phone number, and any other information you provide.
We use the information we collect to inform you of new content, for marketing and promotional purposes, to provide targeted advertising, and to improve our products and services.
If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your PII to those third parties who, in our judgment, are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or fulfill your request.
If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies we deem appropriate.
How Long We Keep Information
When you use our website, we share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our identity partners/service providers, including LiveRamp Inc. LiveRamp returns an online identification code that we may store in our first-party cookie for our use in online, in-app, and cross-channel advertising and it may be shared with advertising companies to enable interest-based and targeted advertising. To opt out of this use, please click this link:
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
California Consumer Protection Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides certain privacy rights to California residents. Under the CCPA, California consumers who provide PII to us can request information regarding which third parties we have shared their PII by sending a request for this information at cookie declaration above.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who we believe have privacy practices that are consistent with ours. For example, we may contract with Third-Party Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting, web maintenance, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Third-Party Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each such Service Provider is expected to use reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your PII from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Third-Party Providers are prohibited from using Personally Identifiable Information other than as specified.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via email at cookie declaration above.
Links to Other Websites
We take reasonable precautions to protect your PII in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Last updated September 7, 2022.
1. Intended Use of the Site. By using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age or, if under the age of 13, you have the consent of your parent or guardian (over the age of 18) to use the Site. If you do not meet these requirements or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU, please discontinue using the Site immediately.
We reserve the right at any time to change the contents of the Site, inclusive of this TOU. Any changes we make will be effective immediately by posting a revised version of this TOU on the Site and updating the date at the bottom of this TOU. Your continued use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. We encourage you to return to this page periodically to ensure you are familiar with the most current version of this TOU.
3. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, those governing copyright and trademark and other intellectual property matters. You may not engage in any unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of any of Site content, including reproducing, displaying, publicly performing, or distributing Site content in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
You also agree you will refrain from engaging in the following conduct or transmitting any of the following when using the Site:
a. Any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, pornographic, inflammatory, profane or infringing material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
b. Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment;
c. Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation; and
d. Other activity that violates the legal rights of others, including without limitation, others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
4. Intellectual Property. You further acknowledge that WFU News is the owner of the trademarks and service marks WFU NEWS and WFU NEWS MAX AND LOGO. You agree that all uses of the foregoing marks shall only be in connection with the goods and services related to WFU News All uses require the prior, express written permission of WFU News, and WFU News Max and its suppliers will enforce their respective intellectual property rights in the event of a failure to desist from unauthorized usage. The Site, including all Site software, databases, proprietary information and Site content, as well as any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence, appearance and “look and feel,” are owned and operated by WFU News You understand and agree that the Site is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and your use of the Site does not provide any ownership rights to you.
8. Limitation of Liability. You acknowledge that this Site and all content, information and materials made available through this Site are provided to you “as is” without any express warranties or representations of any kind. WFU News disclaims all statutory and implied representations, warranties, terms and conditions with respect to this Site and all content, information and materials made available through this Site, including, without limitation, implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. Neither WFU News, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages or losses arising out of or in connection with your access to, or use of, the Site, its features or any content made available through the Site.
11.Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WFU NEWS, ITS SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. WFU NEWS DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
12. Questions. The Site is provided by WFU News Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. We may be reached at email@example.com or P.O. Box 1003, Palm City, FL 34991.
13. Governing Law. This TOU are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in Martin County, Florida, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of this TOU are found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the TOU and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. The TOU is not assignable by you except with the prior written consent of WFU News No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.